Friday, January 11, 2013

A Tale of Two Mixers

This year, I received two, yes two, Kitchen Aid Mixers for Christmas.  I had mentioned years ago that I had wanted one, but I always felt guilty asking for one because they are so expensive.  Here is how this tale goes:


Nate (my brother): What do you want for Christmas that you wouldn't buy yourself? We (him and his wife) want to get you something nice.
Me: Weeeeeeell, I would really love a KitchenAid Mixer, but I know they are expensive.  So it's fine if you want me to pick something cheaper.
Nate: Hmmm...I think we will just give you money.
Me: Okay.

Ding Dong!
Fedex Man: Please sign
(Note) Love MOM

Ring Ring!
Me: Mom! Thank you so much for the mixer! I love it.
Mom: You are welcome.  It is red and matches your kitchen.  
Me: So Nate told you I wanted it?
Mom: What are you talking about?
Me: No really...He told you right???
Mom: I really have no idea what you mean...
Me: So wait, how did you know I wanted a mixer if Nate didn't tell you?
Mom: You said it a couple of years ago, and I thought I would finally get you one.

Ring Ring!
Me: Hey Nate.  So you didn't get me a mixer, right? Because mom got me one...
Nate: Um...yours is in the mail from us.  It should be there any day.
Me: ...

A few days later:

Ding Dong!
Fedex man: Please sign
(Note) Love Nate and Erica
I returned the one from my Mom simply because it was easier.  My brother got his from somewhere I would have to ship it back to, whereas my Mom got her's from Kohle's and I just took it back to a nearby store.

The one from my brother is Boysenberry color.  I love them both!

 The End

1 comment:

  1. oooh, nice Boysenberry! That's fancy. Those mixers are soooo nice. Even if we did almost ruin ours using the grain grinder attachment too much. Ah well, those things never really quit!

    ReplyDelete