Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Dark Knight: Part II

Dear Kit,
I thought we had worked things out.  I thought we were friends.  But you just couldn't let me have it, could you?  You just couldn't let me have one month where was I not making a "car payment?"

We discussed this.  When I paid you off last month I patted your hood and told you that you were officially mine.  And then I got your title from the bank and we celebrated in all of its official awesomeness.

And then you decide to lash out at me?!  You pick the coldest morning in the last month to decide not to start?!  What did I do to you that made you so angry?  Were you also factoring in all of my neighbors leaving earlier than me for work and/or being extra sick with the flu and not able to jump your battery, or was that just a "happy accident?"

I am sure you laughed at my misfortune when I realized that I had jump you every time I wanted to turn you back on, and I have no doubts you laughed even harder when the repair man made me feel like I was a crazy person for thinking that my broken CD player (which was running on a constant basis even with the car turned off, and therefore potentially running down the battery) could be causing the problem.  And then when he told me that the player worked "perfect" when they looked at it, only to have it malfunction 20 minutes after leaving the dealership.  Was it also amusing to you when he handed me the bill for hundreds of dollars and a list of "other suggestions" that I should replace/fix soon?

Let. Me. Be. Clear.  I stopped owning cars that broke down constantly and needed something fixed regularly when I started a career and purchased you.  I will not go back!  Let this serve as your second and final warning.  You will be traded in for an upgrade if you keep acting this way.  Temper tantrums are not a good color on you.

Seriously,
Your Broke Owner

3 comments:

  1. On the one hand, congratulations on paying off your car!!

    On the other—bad Kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOO sad and SOOOOOO funny. I feel like I should leave two comments, one to commiserate on how ridiculous your car is being, and one to laugh at how awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha car troubles are the worst. love ya.

    ReplyDelete