Sunday, March 2, 2014

Retail Therepy

I have been wanting to buy new makeup for some time now.  My current makeup is old and almost gone and I just wanted to switch up some of my colors.  I decided to go to Target to buy new stuff. I knew it wasn't going to be cheap to buy all new makeup, but I felt like Target would give me some good stuff without vastly overcharging me.

I was having sort of a sucky day when I had planned to replace my makeup.  I should just tell you that being in a bad mood and going to target are not good combinations for your wallet.

So I went to target and picked out some new makeup.  I expected to spend about $60 total.  But then I got caught in the dollar isle.  Then I decided to try on some clothes.  That made me more depressed.  Before I left, I found myself in the shoe isle.  That was my downfall.

New makeup, several dollar items, and 4 pairs of shoes later.  I was checking out with 200 less dollars in my pocket.  Yeah.  200!



I have been thinking of returning the two pairs on the right.  I have worn the two on the left already and I love them.  We will see.

Also, you see that lipstick in the top picture?  Yeah.  That was my bold purchase.  I got my inspiration from my good friend Amy who rocks bright red lipstick on occasion.  I thought why not?

Red lipstick rocks!





So there you have it.  Stay away from Target on bad days.  ha!


3 comments:

  1. YES!! Target! Red Lipstick! Those shoes on the left! (I really do like the ones on the left better than the ones on the right.) And, no to bad days. I LOVE retail therapy though. Honestly, sometimes when I am too grouchy at how messy my girls are to clean my house, I think "if I go to Target and buy a bunch of stuff, it will make me feel better and then I'll clean the house" and it ALWAYS works. Not kidding. I'm still not brave enough to go in and buy four pairs of heels, but maybe you've inspired me... And I wish we lived closer so we could try new makeup together, I need new stuff too. Of course, for that I just shop in my basement, but I need someone to tell me what looks good... ah well. You look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies, I don't know how you're all pulling off that red lipstick. I try and it sucks all life from the surrounding areas of my face. You both rock it, however. Did you end up taking the shoes back? Target IS a doozy, isn't it? Man, there are too many interesting things there that want to come home with you. I kind of have this rule for myself now that I won't go in alone. But, I'm glad retail therapy worked, despite what it did to your wallet! =) Thanks for being my Texan favorite. Can I call you that? Thanks for being my friend in Texas favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really good in bright red lipstick. I wish I could rock it like you and Ames. And Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete