Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Plastic Bags

I am pretty sure everyone thought I was crazy when I started to collect plastic bags from stores to make stuff. Lindsey N (my old roommate) thought i was going to make clothes out of them...she is silly. Here is what I did make out of them. They are little change purses (I guess). I am using them to help me budget my money. I am going to start using cash for groceries, and going out to eat, or doing fun stuff, and buying household stuff...you know. I think I am going to have one for each category. At the beginning of the month I will put the allotted amount in and when it is gone that month, it is gone. No more credit cards. No more spending money whenever, wherever, and however much I want. Good idea right? Outside/Front
Top flap open. Velcro is what keeps it closed.

For my groceries

The inside is Target!
I melted the plastic bags together with an iron and then cut it out like fabric. Then I just sewed it like fabric. The only draw back from this "fabric" is if you make a mistake and have to rip out all the stiches, the holes don't go away and if you go over that spot too many times, it makes so many holes it practically cuts it right off. I hope my pictures describe what it is well enough.

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Al, those look fabulous, and I think it's a great idea! You're so funny. I still have so many bags that I meant to give you. I even took them with me, and forgot to give them to you. When you're here... or maybe I'll use them to make something and you can show me how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many bags did you stack up and iron together? I have some bags around that I need to get rid of...

    ReplyDelete