Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

Last year (2010) I had a friend who rated himself on his new years resolutions from the year before on his blog. (I think it was last year.) So I thought it might be fun to try out. This requires me to share what all my resolutions are from last year, and how on some of them I miserably failed, but who even reads my blog anyways? ;)

1.Lose weight
I give myself an F. Yeah, this one I certainly failed at. I'm gonna do better this year. (Hopefully)

2. Run a 5k the whole way
I give myself a C on this one. I did a 5k in December. I know I am a procrastinator. Its true. I didn't run the whole thing. I did it nevertheless. So a passing grade (unless this were an ID class, and then that grade is basically a fail, lol....moving on...)

3. Go on a date
I know this seems like a really simple goal. But I wanted to go on a date where I wasn't the one asking. Which doesn't always happen often. I get an A+ on this one. I asked one guy out this year, and got asked out by two different guys. One was a friend date. The other, a legit date. So, yeah for me!

4. Have a boyfriend
A- I give myself the minus because he wasn't exactly the best person I could have been dating. But...I never specified on my resolutions. So....*shrug*

5. Pay off my credit card debt
Solid B. I paid them off, and kept them paid off for several months, but I have rolling money on one of my credit cards right now. I am trying to save for something expensive and coming up soon. (Nope, I'm not telling you what it is. Its a secret. You will find out soon enough....or before 2011 is over) :)

6. Buy a car
A+ Yeah, I did!! Sooner than I had anticipated, but it happened, and I bought exactly what I wanted and don't regret it, ever!

7. Read my scriptures and pray more consistently
C This always shows up on my lists of things to improve on. I mean, who doesn't have room for improvement, right? I did REALLY good sometimes, and other times, REALLY horrible. So C it is.

8. Read the entire BOM
F I fail at this one too. I started and then skipped around, and restarted, and skipped around some more. But never actually read all the way through. Booo.

9. Go to the temple once a week
B I did really good for most of the year. Then got busy and it fell off, but I have gone to the temple more times in 2010, then in my whole life combined. So that is something to be proud of.

So if I gave myself an overall grade that would average to a D-. Hmmm. I thought I had done better than that. Well usually I fail at all of them. So...progress for me. lol. Sad, but true.

I haven't made this years resolutions yet, but I have some good ones in mind. :) I hope everyone had a good New Year's!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME. The boyfriend one made me laugh out loud. I love you, Al.

    And good job on the 5K! I haven't the guts to even try one of those, though I DID get the Zumba dvd set with some Christmas money--just waiting for it to arrive in the mail....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ambitious goals... how could anyone ever achieve an A with so many things to do? You accomplished a lot in 2010.
    Job well done, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we talk soon? Call me on your lunch break sometime, k?

    Because I miss you.

    And I think it should be higher than a D. I'm just sayin, if I was your teacher I'd factor in effort and nidge it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woman, at least you have written goals. Someday I'll actually do that.

    ReplyDelete