Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 2013

This October has been non-stop!  It has been my most exciting month of my whole year, but I'm exhausted!

My month started with a long weekend back home to Indiana for my sister-in-law's baby shower.

I flew in on a Friday night.  My mom and I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday. We hung out most of the rest of the day doing nothing special.  I missed Conference, but I have watched most of it since then.  We then headed down to Pendleton, IN on Sunday for the baby shower.  My brother and Erica met us there.  I got to see some more family and friends and we had a cute little baby shower for her and my soon-to-be niece/nephew.

After that my brother took me to the Indy Airport to pick up a rental car and we both (in separate cars) headed back to Cincinnati.  The three of us (plus Juno) hung out that night and the next morning/afternoon and then I headed back to the Indy airport to fly home.
 
Nate and Juno                                                          Erica and Baby Bump

The weekend after that (Columbus weekend) I drove up to Nebraska to visit Amy her family.  We surprised her parents who were coming the next day (with me being there).  I haven't seen Mama and Papa Boling since July 2009.  It was great!  More to come on this trip in a following post. 

The following weekend I babysat for a family that I am supposed to start babying sitting for regularly. I babysat for 3 little boys all day on Saturday.  And I mean ALL day!  From 9am to 12:30am (just after midnight that night).  Blah.  I was pooped!

Side bar:  I don't know if I am somehow being prepared to have all boys someday, but looking back on all of my babysitting over the years, I have almost always watched boys.  I mean like 90% of the time it has been boys.  Weird.  I don't have a preference for boys, they just so happen to be the kids of the parents that ask me.

Other side bar:  Twice, in the matter of a week, I had two different kids ask me if I "have a baby in my belly."  Looks like I need to get back to working out again.  I've been a slacker lately.

The day after babysitting (actually 7 hours after I was done babysitting) I left for my Painting trip.  I drove with another lady down the Port Aransas, Texas.  We had 6 painting classes, had a sand castle building lesson (from a professional!), walked the beach, ate amazing food, went on a fishing trip and had tons of fun!  More to come on this trip in a following post.

I got back in town tonight and I start work again tomorrow.

And the NaNo begins on Friday!!

Oh, and I've been sick for 2 weeks! Blah!!

As for tonight...I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

Ahhhh...

1 comment: