Monday, December 8, 2008

Japanese Sucker Table

Let me preface this story with "I am not really smart sometimes." So being the non criminal version of Martha Stewart, I decided one day that i needed a craft table to do my projects on. (i usually sit on the floor to complete these said projects.) I decided on a short table so i could continue to sit on the floor. i thought to myself, "they don't make short tables for crafts...so i will have to build one." (that is a very Martha thing to do) so i went to Low's, retrieved all the necessary objects and proceeded to put the table together. as i was building it, i got really excited about how i could do other things with my "short table." i could eat at it. i could make other people eat at it too. it could be a Japanese style table!!! i thought i was pretty brilliant. i mean, who has Japanese tables at their house? who really eats on the floor? i mean really? once i was finished putting the table together, i stepped back to look at my work. i looked at the table, then i looked at the sofa it was sitting in front of, and then back to my "short, Japanese table." then the light finally went on. i had created a COFFEE TABLE!!! everyone has one of those! everyone! I still call it my Japanese table, and i laugh at myself for building a table that i could have very easily bought anywhere...it was fun though. As a sidenote, i covered the top in dumdum sucker wrappers since i work at a bank.

2 comments:

  1. Al, this is seriously cool. And even though you told me the story in person, I still laughed out loud when I read it here. I even read it aloud to Nick and started laughing so hard that I had to stop for a moment. Ah, you're the best. Oh, and I like the wrappers all lined up. I think it creates harmony, and I think I like it better this way than had you done it all random like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I am feeling inspired already. Keep up the good work, Al.

    ReplyDelete