Tuesday, September 1, 2009

manager

so i really like my manager. he is a really nice guy, and he brags about me a lot. what is not to like? he pretty much tells me everyday that i am really smart, or a fast learner, or that he is really impressed with how i handle a customer...it is nice. the first day i met him, i asked him if he remembered phone interviewing me.

i was pretty sure i bombed that interview 6 weeks previous. i almost cried at the end because i was pretty sure i blew it. i thought i would never get a call back and i would never get out of Indiana.

So i mentioned the phone interview to my manger and he did remember. He basically told me i was one of the best interviews he had ever done, and that i was super professional. he later told me that if he didn't know better he would have thought i worked for a bank with 45,000 branches and i was manager over 65 people. I laughed at him. i told him i thought i bombed it. he laughed at me.

it def makes work better when i feel like someone has confidence in me. even when i am messing everything up. work is good. long and repetitive, but good.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear that you have someone in your corner at work, and where Jason works too!! (Ha ha ha... I hope Jason reads this.)

    ReplyDelete