Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Christmas Event

Yesterday I hung out with the fam (the people i live with...that is what i call them). We went to (the husband) Tom's brother's house which is north of Dallas. Tom is one of 11 children so there was going to be a ton of people there. I had been warned that Tom's family (like Tom) are a little bit out of control. So i thought since they don't know me, and it is Christmas i should wear my mistletoe headband. For those of you who haven't seen it...it is a headband that i got when i was a kid with a tall, skinny spring on it that sticks strait up in the air over my head (about a foot above my head). It has a plastic mistletoe on the top. So no matter where i go, i am always under the mistletoe *wink* *wink*. I thought it would be funny. So i bust into these people's house that i don't know with mistletoe on my head. I got some strange looks, and some kisses. Mostly on the cheek, but once on the lips. It surprised me a bit. I haven't been kissed on the lips in quite some time. lol.
But it was a really good time. there was good food, and since Tom's family is originally from Ohio, they all know how to play Euchre. It's not Christmas without Euchre. So got my euchre on, in a tournament. It was a good time. Tom and i won a couple of games.

1 comment:

  1. UM, how come you didn't tell me the mistletoe story on the phone? That's crazy. You probably weren't intimidated at all, after years of events with my family... :)

    ReplyDelete