Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 5k

I decided the other day that I need to be motivated to work out. I find that 5k's tend to inspire me to do just that. So I signed up for a 5k. Toys for Tots. I also decided I need to do one every month to keep myself inspired. So I have done the "December one", and am still deciding on which January one I will do. I did the 5k alone. It was on December 11, 2010. Amy and I had talked about, long ago, doing another 5k together, but given that we live 10 hours apart, she has 2 small children, and I work a lot, it just wasn't gonna work anytime soon. but we decided the next best thing was shirts that said "Im with Ames" and "Im with Al", and for us to do a 5k on the same day and wear our shirts. so that is just what we did. I made the shirts and sent her hers. I did my 5k and she did one on her new tredmill. I had a horrible time, which I wont tell you. But my goal is to constantly beat my time with each 5k I do. Yea!

Before!After (and still alive :))

1 comment: