Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 5K

One down, eleven to go in 2011.

You know when you go out and run and its good? You go further than you thought and you aren't dying. So you are feeling ambitious. You go out the next day thinking you will run the same amount and long before you get there you are dying, not gonna make it, feel like your legs might fall off. But why? I don't know. I really don't know why you have good running days and bad running days, but it happens...to me. And other people, I guess.

That was my 5k last week. About 3/4 of a mile in, I really started to contemplate quitting. I just really struggled from start to finish. I didn't quit, and I beat my December 5k time. The theme was Mardi Gras. People were wearing masks and beads. I didn't get these beads 'til the end. And thankfully I didn't have to do anything but finish the 5k to get them...if you know what I'm saying. ;)

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm so jealous of your running adventures. And yes, I think everyone goes through that when running from time to time. Glad you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your way of getting beads much much better. I think it's healthier too.

    You rock! By the way, I was waaaay too sick last week to ever end up doing it, and I feel so sad. Shall I just try tomorrow, or is it not the same?

    ReplyDelete