Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fufu

The man made me Fufu the other day. I had never heard of Fufu before I met him. But i have mentioned the name to a few other people since, and they are always like, "yeah, I've heard of it". I was unaware it was so common. I mean, i knew it was common among Africans, but why do so many Americans know about it? Where have I been? Have been hiding under a rock?

Anyways...

This is what i looks like right after it comes out of the pan. It feels like dough in your hands, but tastes kinda like mashed potatoes in you mouth. Its pretty delicious. He eats it several times a week. I can see why. :)
This what is looks like after he made it look pretty...like on the outside of the box.
You eat is with your hands.
Here i am eating it. He made fish that night as well. We also ate that with our hands. :) He yells at me for eating with my left hand. Apparently that is a big no no in Africa. He tells me that if I go there I can't eat with my left hand with other people around, unless I am using utensils...which they don't use very often.

He taught me how to make it. Next goal...to make it all by my self and have it taste right. :)

4 comments:

  1. You're not alone... I've never heard of it either... tell him to not pick on your for being a left hand eater :D...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fufu is a poodle. I can't believe you ate poodle Al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time, I want a picture of the man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty yummy, what is it made out of? We missed you on Sunday...

    ReplyDelete