Saturday, July 21, 2012

A random thought

A little blue watch sits tucked away in a drawer and beeps at 11 pm everyday. I am grateful for that little watch even though I hardly ever wear it. And the 11 o'clock hour.---> I went to church camp several times was I was a kid. Not EFY (aLthough I did go there once too). This was a Protestant church camp before I became LDS. There was a keynote speaker one of the years that I really liked. I can (now) only remember one thing he said. He told us that sometimes he needed a reminder that God loved him. He remembered sometimes but he needed something a little more often to remind him that he was a loved child of God. He wore (what I call) a runners watch. You know the digital kind that you can time things and beeps every hour (or at least his did). He said that he decided that to remind himself often that God loved him he would tell himself everytime his watched beeped on the hour. After a while he didn't have to say it anymore. it just became a reminder to him when he heard it. For some reason that little story stuck with me and often when I hear a digital watch beep I think to myself that I am loved too by an amazing Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great thought! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat. I can hear you saying this as I am reading it...maybe its bc I know you so well ;)

    ReplyDelete