Monday, August 12, 2013

Goodwill

The other day I was hanging out with some friends and somehow the topic of shopping at Goodwill came up.  One of the guys chimed in and said that he will never shop a Goodwill.  Then he recanted a story about how his mom would take him and his siblings to Goodwill when he was a kid and he would refuse to go in.  He would hide in the car and cover his head with a blanket to keep from anyone seeing him there.

I thought this was somewhat amusing.  I mean, I guess I can understand it being embarrassing, but I shop there.  Not regularly.  In fact it had been several years since I had been there (when we were talking about it), but I'll admit that I go there.

And so I did, the next day.  I was passing by one and I thought, "why not?" And let me just tell you.  That place is amazing!

I mean, where else can you find these vintage grandma glasses from the 80s?


And where else can you find this...pink...shimmery...lacy phone?


And don't even get me started on this sofa!  I mean, is this not the BEST sofa you have ever laid your eyeballs on??  I dare you to find a better looking sofa.  I DARE you!


Good ol' Goodwill.  



3 comments:

  1. Wholy sofa! I frequent the Goodwill and aside from the real crazy raunchy stuff that has been there for 537 years I have found some real gems :) a personal fav would be a deep chocolate brown flirty skirt! Perhaps I should do a blog post on my goodwill buys!? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooo classic. Best store ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodwill is where it's AT! I would say at least half of my wardrobe comes from Goodwill. I wouldn't exactly call myself a little fashionista, but I DID work at Macy's, and I DO like to dress up now and then, and I DO think I have fairly good taste... and I love Goodwill. Everything is half off the first Saturday of every month. When I moved back from Hawaii, I didn't have any semi-warm weather clothes. None. I didn't even own any socks. I am a huge advocate of Goodwill. It can take a lot of time to find the stuff, but I would hands down say I've found some of my nicest, most flattering clothes I've ever owned at Goodwill. Your friend doesn't know what he's missing!

    ReplyDelete