Monday, August 5, 2013

Theater

I go to the movies a lot.  I like movies and there is one like 3 minutes from my house.  They also serve food there.  Like, real food.  With waiters and everything.  And the food is good.  So I go. I usually go alone, though.  This is due to the fact that I get bored and a lot of times I don't have anyone to go with me.

I remember the first time I went to a movie alone.  I felt so awkward.  Like everyone was staring at me.  They probably weren't but I remember feeling liberated and also like I never wanted to do it again.  I suppose it takes courage to go to the theater alone.  Maybe.  I don't feel courageous or anything.

But listen.  I can't go there anymore.

Today when I went the girl at the window for tickets recognized me.  She asked me if I had just been there recently.  I said I had.  I am starting to get recognized by the staff!!  This is a bad sign.  Really bad, people.  I can't be that sad girl that comes to the theater alone all the time and her only friends are the people who take her money at the ticket window.  I can't!!! I WON'T!

It was almost as bad as the time the girl charged me for two tickets and when I asked her why it would cost $16 for a ticket she looked at me confused and told me that is how much 2 tickets cost.  I then repeated that I only wanted one ticket.  Then she asked why I only wanted one.

"I'm sorry just swipe my stupid card for $8 dollars and stop asking me questions!!!"  I didn't say that.  But I wanted to.  She gave me her best sad eyes as she swiped.  It's okay, nobody likes her either.  I'm sure of it.  haha

But then, after being recognized today I passed another staff member (later on) who smiles at me.  He seemed a little like he was flirting with me with the way he looked at me.  I felt better about my situation and I had mostly let the who "being recognized" thing go.  And then it happened, people.  The worst possible thing!  I went to the bathroom and as I was washing my hands I discovered why he had been looking at me.  It wasn't because he was flirting or thought I was cute or something.  I looked up to the mirror and I almost gasped.

I literally looked like a homeless person!!!  Yeah.  Like live in a box on the street sort of look.  My hair had partially come out of the hair tie.  The humidity had caused some fly away strands to curly in a not-at-all cute way around my temples.  The wind had blown hair in all the wrong places.  It was just bad.  So bad!  Oh my gosh.  Luckily the movie was over then.  I practically ran out of the theater vowing to never return.

Ever.

I may have to move.

2 comments:

  1. soooooo is it terrible and will you hate me if I think this is a really, really funny story? Just take my picture with you and flash it at anyone who looks sorry for you. That will show them how cool you are. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember flying from Rexburg back to Muncie when I was at BYU-I. I got Subway and sat at a table in some airport - Chicago? Dallas? I can't remember - and felt like a grown up. There I was, flying by myself and eating lunch by myself. It was the coolest, most grown-up... loneliest thing ever. I totally know what you meant.
    And I've had those horror moments, too, catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror at the end of the day. Mostly I think, "Why didn't anyone TELL me?!" It happens. I'm glad you survived. :)

    ReplyDelete