Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fears

After reading Amy and Mimi's blog entries about fears...here are mine.

1. Horses- They are so big and strong and they scare me. They can buck you off, step on you and you are done. I rode a pony once when i was a kid. It scared me too.

2. Snakes and slugs- Mostly i just think slugs are the most disgusting things alive, but they scare me a little too. Snakes on the other hand scare me enough that just seeing one on TV makes my stomach tie up in knots. The people i live with just so happen to tell me the other day that they have a lot of garden snakes in their front yard. Now every time i walk to or from my car i jump at twigs. It's not good.

3. Heights- I would love to skydive and bungee jump just to say that i did it, but i am pretty sure i would never make it out of the plane or off the ledge. Did you know there are people who skydive without parachutes!?!?! On purpose! They don't die. And they are so causal about it. Look it up on YouTube.com. i promise. it is crazy!

4. Scary movies- I cannot handle them. I have dreams about them later and then refuse to get out of bed at night to go to the bathroom. I am convinced that there is some murderer out there waiting for me to flip on the light in the bathroom and kill me. There is definitely something to be said for feeling comfort under your bed sheets. (I am totally serious.)

I have other fears but they are more realistic. These, i guess, are my irrational fears.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, AL!! You know I am with you 100% on the slugs too. Nasty creatures. AND that's why I will never have a shower curtain that you can't see through AT ALL because who knows who might be hiding back there when you get up in the middle of the night? I can't handle the mirrors and that too!! Since I can't take mirrors out of bathrooms... :)

    AND how do these people without parachutes actually survive? They must have some mechanism to slow/break their fall??

    ReplyDelete