Thursday, March 14, 2013

I know, I know

Y'all (yes I said ya'll) are sick of seeing me post pics of my paintings.  But I paint.  And this is the 'Life and Styles of Marty Crocker' so you get what you get. Lol

My rendition of Van Gogh's "Cafe Terrace at Night"


I have discovered that I am not too good at Van Gogh's style.  I liked my sky and the hill of buildings and my cobblestone (sort of), but other than that, I don't don't like much else.  This is a 16x20 and I am going to hang it up next to the one I bought of his 'Starry Night over the Rhone.'  (Printed on canvas)  It is on  a 30x40 canvas I think.  I also plan on trying to paint 'Starry Night' at some point and hanging it on that same wall.  Someday when I have time.  Ha!



3 comments:

  1. What makes you think we're tired of seeing the things you paint? I speak for myself I realize, but I'm not tired of them! I love it. So the one on bottom is a print of his actual work, and the one on top is yours? My favorite Van Gogh works are the Cherry Trees, I think? Some tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's right. Top one is mine. Bottom one is the print. And I like his tree paintings too.

      Delete