Thursday, October 29, 2009

Names

I get bored at work. All the time. Sometimes i go for 2 hours just leaving the same message on voice mails. Other times i get to listen to people go on and on about their lives. I am not complaining, but because i am bored a lot, i make up games at work to keep myself occupied.

One of the games i play is writing down peoples names who are famous and peoples names who are funny. I personally like the funny ones better, but some of the famous ones are pretty cool too.

I realize these people are not the real famous people, but it is fun to think about.
Famous name & the state which this person lives:
Steven King-Ohio
Jack Nicholson-Indiana
Billy Graham-Texas
Michael Jackson-Indiana
Michael Johnson-South Carolina (Famous gold medalist sprinter in the Olympics)

The following are funny names I have come across. Some are just crazy and I could never pronounce. Some are just unfortunate. And others rhyme.
Bobby Magee-From the Janice Joplin song!
John Catchen-Dunn
Larry Gottschalk
Billy Loony
Dickie Haines
Carey Dicharry
Shelly Kelly
Jose Cuervo-Isn't that an alcoholic beverage?
Xochill Valezquez-This one i don't get. Is it pronounced X-O-Chill? I don't really understand the letter "X" at the beginning of words.
Mary Derryberry-This is her married name. I think i would have kept my maiden name.
Barry Goldsberry
Mia Dimbo-Really? That is just unfortunate.
Rocky Lusti
Lemuel Askew-I have never heard that first name outside of the BOM. Who names there kid after one of the unrighteous?
Kevin Butts
Todd McJuckin
James Bloodsaw
Somavanh Mixayphonh-Yeah, I don't have any idea.

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome list. I liked Barry Goldberry too (is that what it was? I already forgot while the comment page was loading...)

    They should offer classes at work on how to pronounce names.

    ReplyDelete