Sunday, September 19, 2010

September

I am stealing this idea from Amy. I give her credit. She blogged about her current and past memorable Septembers of her life. So here are mine.

September

1999: It was the beginning of a great school year for me (Junior). im not sure why but something changed in my life that school year. i decided that year that i didnt care so much what others thought of me and i was going to be more outgoing and excited about life. i probably got stared at a lot for being loud and stupid, but again...i didnt care anymore.

2002: I had just said goodbye to a lot of friends who were all off to college all over the country and i had just started a new job at Catherine's. My dad was still recovering from surgery and i spent time taking care of him. I was also anticipating going to school myself at BYU-I in a few months and getting more and more excited as the days passed.

2004: I had just starting going to Purdue. I had probably by this point figured out how to get to all my classes...and on time. I was feeling good and just realizing what i had gotten myself into with Interior Design. I felt good about my life. I was busy and enjoyed my hands on classes.

2008: I had just graduated from Purdue and was still working at the bank. I has just been promoted to full time and a Back up Manager. I loved it. I had just moved into my new apartment and was living alone for the first time. At this point i was still scared by every thud creak, and squeak that sounded in my ears. (i eventually got over it)

2009: I had just moved to Texas a few weeks earlier. I was still lonely
and missing my friends back in Indiana. i made a surprise trip back to indiana for a long weekend and had fun seeing their faces when i showed up at their doors. :)

2010: Today is Sunday. I typically looooooove Sundays. I spend my sundays going to church (and enjoying it) and spending the day with my friends. it is usually great. today is not a bad day, just different. It was hard for me to focus in church today. i just find myself in uncharted territory in life. i have never been in my current mind set before. it scares me. who am i?

Like in Amy's blog, i could not have guessed in each of these previous years what the next september would hold. i wouldn't have believed i would end up at Purdue, or living alone, or in Texas...ever. But as with much of life, we don't get to see too far into the future. We make plans and take steps forward, and hope for the best. Im still hoping for the best.

This is me in San Antonio last September. It was a great trip!

3 comments:

  1. You'll have the best.

    We've had so many Septembers together!

    You know, that first Sept that you and I wrote about, yours is funny because you mention how loud you were, and that's what I was remembering when I wrote mine: specifically, do you remember the day I think we registered for classes or something like that and I had come straight from soccer practice and so I was all sweaty and squealed out and I was running down the hall yelling, and you were like, what is going on with Amy? but we were both so hyper and excited?

    I was wondering if you remembered that too, because that's totally what I was thinking of when I wrote about my September for that year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too took up amy's challenge and have a blog post in the works! Isn't she inspirational. It's fun to look back at what you were up to, al. I ask myself "who am I?" a lot. Call if you wanna chat about it.

    ReplyDelete