Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tattoos

"Don't judge me." I got that phrase, oddly enough, from my coworker Brodrick, who is the person I just so happen to be blogging about. But seriously. Don't judge me. I have been working with Brodrick since January, i think. He is a cool kid. He has several tattoos. He got a pretty big one on his the inside of his bicep a couple of months ago. Ever since my coworkers discovered I could draw, he has been bugging me to draw him a tattoo. I felt a little weird about it, given that I don't have any tattoos...and think that it is best to not get them. Ya know, that whole "your body is a temple" thing. But he kept bugging me about it. Then the other day he was like "really, Alison. I am getting one today and I neeeeeeeed you to draw it for me." I got sucked in. Yeah, i sure did. What can I say? He is cute, and well....I got nothing. So, he told me what he wanted and i drew it for him. He said that he loved it. Which i double, triple, and quadruple checked with him. I mean, lets be real. I cant have him hating me in two months, when he never really liked the tattoo in the first place. Anyways, I just drew out his first to initials (BT) to put on his triceps, with some swoops and an outline...no biggie.

He sent me a picture later that night after he got them. I couldn't believe he actually did it. I mean I believed him, but then there it was, my artwork forever on his body. Crazy! He also told me that the tattoo artist was really impressed with my drawing and said I should really look into tattooing. lol. Apparently you can make pretty good money doing it. I just laughed
and told Brodrick that if I ever lose my job and get desperate then I will consider all my options.

My drawing. It is a rough sketch, knowing the tattoo artist would clean up the lines, and such. And i was under a time crunch with only a pen and sharpie to work with.

As you can see, he changed it a little, but still. And when it heals it will have a gradient from dark to light.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Well, this post at least answers my question that I asked you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, the only reason I haven't gotten a tattoo is because there isn't anything I want to get permanently tattooed on my body. But I do have a friend who lost a child, and has his hand and foot print tattooed on his chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You honestly have the perfect PERFECT thing to include now if you're ever playing two truths and a lie. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete