Friday, January 13, 2012

Operation: THE DRESS

This story begins some eight or so years ago in a widely overlooked city known as Omaha Nebraska. There, lived this nice young boy and he met this nice young girl...

...wait...

No

This isn't right.

I am telling the wrong story.

This story is supposed to be about me. Riiiiiiiiight...

So flash forward about seven and a half years. Meet said boy.

His name is Nate. He is a nice boy. He met a nice girl in previously said city. Meet girl.
Her name is Erica. She is a nice girl.

They met, dated, broke up, got back together, decided they were inseparable, moved a few times, got engaged...

ya dee, ya dee, ya.

Add a dog. Meet said dog.
Her name is Juno. She is a sweet dog.

Here is my part of the story. (no stick figures required...you know me) I was asked by previously said girl to be a bridesmaid. I was very excited! I, thankfully, wasn't asked to be the maid of honor (I mean why would I, she has a sister) because it is a lot of responsibility that I dont want. Moving forward about 6 months to the present. The wedding is 4 months from now. It is the new year where new years resolutions are generally made. I made a few. One of them...

OPERATION: THE DRESS

I have this beautiful dress (that i havent tried on yet, its still being made) that I am going to be wearing. I have met the bride-to-be of course (so have you, see above, lol) and the maid of honor, her sister. They are both tall and thin and beautiful. I have not met the other bridesmaids but I am sure they will follow suit. I, however am not tall. There is not much I can do about that except for buy some great heels. But thin, I am not, and can do something about. or at least partially before the wedding. So this is where my operation has come in. I am by no means going to be thin like them by the wedding, but a lot of money is going into this wedding and i want to look my best for it. So we are in full effect. The year has started with me being sick, which admittedly is not fun, but has left me with no appetite, and therefore a good thing. Check. Step two, a 5k that I did a week ago. Awesome. Check. Step three, the gym, when i regain full use of my lungs, that treadmill and I will be best friends once again. and heeeeeeeello spinning class. Yeah, there I am. Dont you even worry. Its going down. you just wait. we are all going to look magical in our dresses!







Don't you just love stick figures? haha,me too!

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Is this your brother's wedding?

    P.S. There is no way you won't look beautiful by the way. You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE stick figures. Can't wait to see pictures, and get well soon so you can really hit the road!! You're going to look GREAT.

    ReplyDelete