Sunday, May 27, 2012

some projects

I came across "quilling".  And i love it! Its super easy and looks so fun!


A dragonfly

A flower

A balloon


This project i started in my head a long time ago.  About the time i was dating Leandre.  I wrote a ridiculously long quote on my phone one day about all the things i think i am worth.  And then i started creating a piece of artwork for it.  It is a piece of wood with dark paint colors splattered all over it and then whitewashed with a silver paint.  Then i broke down the quote and wrote it down.




4 comments:

  1. ok, so this was not enough.

    1. Explain more about quilling. What is it? Did you make those things?

    2. Show a picture of the whole artwork! I love what I can see of it, but I want to see how the whole thing looks all at once.

    Please.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quilling is pretty much rolled paper. and then you pinch one end, or leave it in a circle, or just use the paper unrolled (to make a flower stem...) i know that didnt explain much really. And yes i made those. and it didnt take long. the balloon only took maybe 5-10 minutes. The flower took maybe 20 minutes. etc.

    and the other piece of artwork. i would get a full pic of it but Jerald took it! yeah...he took it. he said he is giving it back. i really asked him like 12 times when he was putting it in his car. he wouldnt say what he wanted it for, and i thought it might have something to do with my birthday, but that has come and gone and nothing. i give a lot my art work away, but that one was not for giving away, and i will demand i get it back. annnnnnd then i will take a better pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask the exact same question about those quilling pictures that Ames asked, so I'm glad you answered them. :) They look really cool!

    I hope you get your I AM WORTH back. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should have used your mad karate chop skills on him. I love your quilling.

    ReplyDelete