Monday, September 24, 2012

#56

#56 Bake a cake with fondant.  Done.  Check.  It happened.  

And it was exhausting.  I am glad I did it, but I don't think I will ever do it again.  It probably took me like 8 hours to make this cake, not including the time it took the fondant to set, which was an additional 8 hours.  And coloring fondant is no joke.  Like, really, no joke!  It is like putty only much more stiff.  I really had to put my back into it.  I was sweating people.  Sweating!! For reals!  LOL! But it was fun, nonetheless.  
2 lbs of powdered sugar.  Its no joke!

 After I made the first batch.  I made 2.  What was I thinking??

 The first tier is cover.  NICE!

After I cover the bottom tier, made a stripe to go around the upper tier, and did some dots around the edge. (The dots were my last step and I was so so tired, I didn't care what it looked like.  I just wanted to be DONE!)

Ta Da! 
PURDUE!



Chocolate pudding cake! Amazing!  

I suppose I did alright for my one and only time I will make a fondant cake.

...Although I have a bunch of fondant left over and apparently it keeps (if properly sealed) for up to 6 months.  So you never know...

4 comments:

  1. It looks good enough to eat, for sure. Why did you make a Purdue cake? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to put some design on it, but i had no idea what. Everything in my head seemed so cheesy. And then i just thought, why not do PU colors and make the symbol on top? easy and also fun. and then i went to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thinking. I love easy and fun. But mostly I love delicious.

    ReplyDelete