Thursday, September 27, 2012

And then it got real

My home teacher came over yesterday. We had a good chat. He is cool. When he was leaving he asked  me what my plans were for the rest of the evening. I told him I would probably write. He asked what I was writing and I said a book. A novel. Fiction. He smiled and said, "Really? My dad is a published writer. And my sister works for a publisher." What?! Is he serious? I then told him he was my new best friend.  He said "you finish your book and I'll put you in touch with my sister." WHAT?!? I was never going to publish this book. It was just for fun. No one has ever said I was good at writing. This is just going to be embarrassing. Oh so embarrassing when his sister tells him it sucks. Bahhhhhhhh! It just got real people.

2 comments:

  1. GAAAAAAHHHHHH! AL, THAT IS SO AWESOME I CAN'T STOP YELLING!!!! :D

    Seriously, girl, you're AWESOME, your blog is awesome, I have no doubt in my mind that you can write. The fates are aligning. WoOt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then it did indeed get real.

    ReplyDelete