Thursday, February 14, 2013

Archives

If you look at your blog archive it will tell you how many times you have posted this month, this year, and every previous year you have been blogging.  Sometimes I stalk my own blog and I noticed one day last December that I posted more times in 2009 than I did in any other year.  So I went to investigate.  What could have possibly been going on in 2009 that was so exciting?  And better yet, what was more exciting than my life currently?  Well, I moved to Texas, that's what happened.  And that was a big one.  It's hard to top.  But I made a mental goal to spend more time blogging this year.  And to beat that pesky goal of 50 blog posts in one year.

Why, you ask?  Why do I need to beat my record?  Well, I don't really need to.  I don't know that my life will all of the sudden make sense and I will have it all figured out.  But I do enjoy blogging.  I feel like my time is being put towards something useful when I blog.  Even if the topic is silly or nothing special.  It sort of makes me feel like I have more control in my life.  Or maybe that I just simply have more of a life.  Does anyone else feel that way?  I don't know, maybe it's just me.  But I'm behind.  Really behind.  I need to be blogging about once a week on average and I am only on post like, what? 3? for this year.

So, if you see a wave of posts coming in or a steady incline in my archive history, you know what's going on.

Happy Blogging!! (And Happy Valentine's Day)

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with any reason for more blog posts, but I definitely feel the same way about my own blog. It makes me feel like if nothing else, the strange/boring/ridiculous events in my life have a purpose if I can write a blog post about them. I'm so excited to hear what you're going to say! Also, I try to beat my posts as well, but I think I'm already off to a slow start this year as well.

    ReplyDelete