Saturday, February 16, 2013

Civics

I own a black Honda Civic and apparently everyone else in the world does too.  It is a popular car to say the least.  I haven't ever counted, but their are at least 10 other black Honda Civic owners who work at the same place I do.  It makes me look really ridiculous when I walk up to a car and try to unlock it and it isn't mine.  But the other day takes the cake.

I actually got into someone else's car!! Yeah, I did.  You are probably asking yourself how that happened? And didn't I notice before I was actually sitting in the drivers seat?  And how did I actually get in?  Did my key unlock someone else's car?

Weeeeeeeeeeell, It did happen.  I didn't notice before I got in.  I hit the unlock button, and pulled on the handle and it opened. And no.  No my key didn't unlock her car.

Here's how it happened.

I see "my" car from across the lot.  I remember, "oh yes this is where you parked." So that is your car.  It all made sense in my head.  So I walk to it.  I am taking my time.  It was a nice day.  It was 5:00 and I was home free.  I get about 6 or 7 feet away and I hit the unlock button.  I can hear the car click unlocked.  It did however take just a half a second longer than it normally would have, but I thought nothing of it.  I walk up to "my" car and pull on the handle.  It opens.  I put my foot in and sit down.  But before I can close the door I hear an "excuse me." I look up to this cute girl and she is standing in the doorway.  Way too close for comfort for someone I don't know.

"That is my car." She says next.

I continued to look up at her.  Now, like she is crazy.  But she holds firm to her gaze.  So I take her a little more seriously.  I look to my right, and realize then and there, I am not sitting in my car, but HER car! My face turned bright red as I got out and apologized.  She just smiled and said she mistakes other people's car for hers all the time.

She got in and started it.  Now, I am not only embarrassed, but also puzzled, because I DO remember parking my car RIGHT THERE!  So I look around.  It's getting really awkward now.  (Probably only for me.)  And then I spot it.  MY actual car.  I was in the exact same spot as the other girl's car only one row over.  She had been walking right behind me the whole time we had been walking to her car and she apparently hit the unlock button at the exact time I had.  Weird, right??

At least she was nice.

Needless to say, I check every car a little more thoroughly before I try to get into it.  lol

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome... Everything had to happen just right for it to all fall into place like that.

    I guess you are just that cool. (I mean I always knew that you were cool, but this solidifies the factor of coolness.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy! I have actually heard of people's keys unlocking cars of the same make... but this is almost crazier, that your cars were in the same place just in different rows, and that you pushed your buttons at the same time! So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. OMG. OMG.

    This has to be THE best thing I have ever heard. Like who does that?! Who does this happen to?! In REAL life!?

    Best. Thing. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I had to hit the panic button on my van the other day at Costco because while I was inside, a minivan convention happened in the parking lot and were all the same color! I found mine, nestled in between 2 other blue minivans. YEESH

    ReplyDelete