Saturday, March 7, 2009

5K

i have decided i need some goals in my life. "an unaimed arrow never misses" right? but it has never gotten me anywhere either. so i have a goal to run a 5K. i want to actually run the whole thing. i may not seem like that big of a deal to a lot of people, but i pretty much haven't run a day in my life, so it is a huge deal to me. when i told Amy about it she was instantly up for running it with me. we decided to do it on May 9th in West Lafayette. that is 9 weeks from today. my training supposedly has me running 30+ solid minutes in 8 weeks. i am so pumped. yesterday i completed the first day of that training and it was rough. sad that is was hard for me when it is only the first day, but i am hoping that this is one of those things that gets easier as you go (please! oh please let it get easier!!!) i think Sarah F is going to run it with us too. she is training for a mini-marathon in april (so scary). we set the date so i would have new found motivation to eat better and work out 6 days a week. it worked. i am motivated. i have to keep myself that way though. i would rather not embarrass myself in front of my friends when i tell them to keep going without me and i will catch up later. that is no good. i will keep you updated on my progress...

2 comments:

  1. WAHOOO!!!! I'm so excited about it AL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck!!! I think it's a great goal. I gotta tell ya, though, I've heard that running is like banging your head against a wall--it feels better when you stop. :)
    But I honestly like the runner's "high" you get. And Amy is fun to run with!!

    ReplyDelete