Thursday, March 12, 2009

Running

On day 4 of my training for the 5k I was ready to throw in the towel. it was killing me. the pain in my shins was probably the worst pain i have ever felt. that is pretty bad. but, i pushed on and sought a little advice for shin splints. after a new pair of shoes, gel inserts, ice, and a looooot of stretching i can run with only mild discomfort. that is a pretty vast improvement. Today is day 7 and i am pretty excited to push myself a little bit each day to be able to run the whole thing (hopefully!!!). The adventure continues...This is a pic of my new kicks that saved my life! you may be asking yourself what is on my legs. well...i was icing my shins but the ice wouldn't stay balanced on my shins in the right spot, so i tied down the bags of ice with some scarves. lol

2 comments:

  1. AL!!! Nice new shoes! I can't believe you went out and got new shoes. What great advice you must have been given!!

    I'm sooooo glad you're feeling better, and that we're back on for our big event!

    ReplyDelete