Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Decisions

Decisions, decisions. I don't know what to do. I am torn. Divided. I have been thinking more about moving. I love where i live, and i love my ward, but i just feel like i waste so much time driving. and i don't like putting so many miles on my new car. it makes me sad. i could save about $100 a month on gas, and less oil changes, and have more of a life. but then i wonder if i would actually use the time wisely. i tend to think i wouldn't. i would probably just get more sleep. which is not all bad. and i would definitely spend more money, with apt costs, and utilities. i would have to buy a bed, and pay for Internet. My deciding factor so far has been my ward though. I was thinking how i could just stay in my ward and drive there once a week, which is less than driving 5-6 days week to work, but then i wouldn't live near anyone. and i would be less likely to hang out with them on weekends, etc. so i just don't know what to do.

Then today i had the option to change to a new team at work for a schedule that would allow me to go to FHE and make it on time to the temple once a month with my ward. but i would have to give up being on a team that i really like, for a team i don't know. i really like my manager who i learn a lot from and never gets frustrated with me when i ask a million questions. and i love all my team members. i spend way more time with these people than anyone else. and i had to choose today. so i based my decision on what i value more. In reality, i probably wont hang out with my team members outside of work. and i do spend a lot of time with them, but i can go to lunch with them, or go over and bother them throughout the day if i am bored...and i am sure the people on my new team are nice and i will get to know them, and like them. so i chose FHE and the Temple. I think it was a good choice, but i am still a little sad.

I have one more decision to make. Today i was presented with an option in May or June to switch to a west coast team. meaning i would work 10-7pm three days a week and 2-11pm 2 days a week. and every other Saturday. i did a similar schedule before, and while i got a ton of sleep, i had no life. none. seriously. i felt really lonely. there would be several days a week that i wouldn't see a single person i knew, outside of work. no one would be awake when i was home. but........the shift comes with a 10% raise!!! 10%!!!! i mean, that would be really nice. and i am not married and don't have kids, so it is not like i would be missing out on spending time with them, but still. i don't know what to do. both have pros and cons.

boo...for decisions.

2 comments:

  1. decisions... yuck

    You can do it though. I'm so excited that you chose FHE/temple.

    I'm in my new house, I'll email you my new phone number so we can CHAT.

    ReplyDelete