Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Givin' Credit

Videos to come, I promise, but for now....

As some of you may or may not know, I signed up for a personal trainer at the gym. Depending on my schedule, depends on who i work out with (more like who watches me work out and tells me what to do). The first time i worked out with a guy trainer who worked me hard and i was sweating before the end. Good. But he didn't have any time slots open in the next week that my schedule would fit in, so i signed up with a girl trainer who did have time. i have to admit, i was a little nervous about working out with her. i guess because she is a girl, i figured she would go easy on me and i wouldn't get a good workout from it. which would be nice, i have to admit, but not what i am paying for.

So today was the day. And seriously, she kicked my butt the whole time. At one point or another i really thought i was going to cry, she was pushing me so hard. like tears were welling up in my eyes. but i guess that is what i paid for, and when i told her i didn't think i could do what she was asking me to do, she would just say, "yes you can, i promise. you may not be good at it, or be able to go as fast or as far as you think you should, but i promise we will get there. and you can do it." and then i did. i have to give her credit for that. i totally judged her wrong. i definitely got my money's worth today, and i have the sore muscles (already) to prove it.

4 comments:

  1. i have always thought having a personal trainer would be awesome. i think i'm the type that can do anything if someone sits there and makes me. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be so proud of yourself for sticking with this! It always feels better when it's really hard. ( I don't mean physically. Ha ha, I mean like it feels good emotionally, like it's a badge of honor you can wear with pride.)

    Murray always used to tell us that our bodies were capable of so much more than we thought it was, and that pain was our friend - because it let us know we were still alive. :)

    Can we get a video of one of these workouts???

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, you cannot get a video of one of these workouts. it is embarrassing enough just to have my personal trainer watch me struggle and others in the gym. i dont need it all out on the internet too. i dont even want to know how bad i really look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is so cool. I've always wanted a personal trainer. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete