Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some kinda' mood

Yeah, i am in some kinda' mood today. I just wanna say that Nicholas Sparks is an evil, evil man. His books always do this to me. i am not sure why i read them. i enjoy them, don't get me wrong, but by the end i am just so sad. he can't seem to write a happy book. what is that about? i know this about him too. yet i still torture myself. this one i actually listened to on cd while driving to and from work this week. (yeah, i can finish a whole book in the time i drive to and from work, in only a week. sad, but true.) this morning i finished it. Then, since i was in this weird "love is more like torture than happiness" mood, i started listening to a couple of cds i have in my car that are sad as well. even the few happy songs made me sad. i hate when i am in this kind of mood. it makes me lose all my resolve on the hard decisions that i make, that i know are right, but still hard.

Then i came into work where i found paperwork that i had worked really hard on yesterday, back on my desk with a list of things i had done wrong, and an email in my inbox to go with it on what else i need to improve on. I am not gonna lie, tears started to well up in my eyes. Someone sitting across from me at that point asked me if i was okay. i hadn't realized anyone was around. immediately i forced back the tears, and cleared my throat before saying i was fine. Normally i wouldn't cry over silly stuff like paperwork. i mean, i will fix it, and it will be fine, but it was just too much right then. Hopefully the day gets better.

7 comments:

  1. I've had some hard feelings towards Nicholas Sparks in the past myself. He really does mess you up big time.


    I'm going to call you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I've cried over paperwork too, and not even when I've had N.S. to set me up first. People say don't cry over spilled milk, because that would be silly, but no one says not to cry over paperwork

    ReplyDelete
  3. what i think is amazing is that this post is at like, 6:45 in the morning. That's rough when you're already having that kind of a day that early! i suggest listening to ace of base's 'it's a beautiful life', and thinking about how cool we were in Maine.

    oh and ames, i never understood that whole 'don't cry over spilled milk' phrase until i spilled my 'own particular brand' of milk and then i wanted to die. then the phrase meant something to me.

    i believe in your ability to overcome, al.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya, Nicole. I did the same thing, and I cried like a baby. But I blame the hormones more than anything...

    Hope today gets much better, Al.

    Remember, you ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( I've cried at work before. I actually had my boss say I could go outside and walk around for a bit.

    Which Nicholas Sparks book did you just finish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have been meaning to tell you, the other day Hallie was looking through old photos of mine with Devin, and she came to one of me and you and she pointed to you and said, "Al!" and Devin was very impressed. She picked you out of every picture.

    I thought that might make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was 'Dear John.' and i am so excited Hals picked me out in a photo. Seriously made my day. awwwh.

    ReplyDelete